Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Stretching my stamps,

Stretch your stamps class has finally begun. I made myself wash the floor and clean the kitchen before I even looked at a video. And now I've started,  with the watercolour resist background stamp. I don't have exactly the same stamp as they used in class, but I'm happy with how mine turned out, using impression obsession's 'circle fusion'. 

I painted the background first, the painted over the centres of every second row. (Thought about every row, but even I have my limits!) 

I then cut it up and made a couple of cards. Once again, I didn't have the required dies and stamps, but substitution is my middle name, and so I was able to make some very usable cards. The small hearts are from a little technique Tuesday stamp that will appear later in the class.
The second cards is for some dear friends of mine, who were in a crazy freak accident, and have both got broken legs as a result. The three children are OK at least. The sentiment seems a little trite, given the enormity of the challenges they'll be facing, but I hope that coupled with practical help, the card will let them know how much they mean to us, and give them some small encouragement.



No comments:

Post a Comment